Personalized Travel Medicine and Immunizations in Philadelphia & the Delaware Valley
– Concierge International Travel Medicine Services
– Immunizations, after your initial consultation, provided at your home or office, or location of your choice
– Led by a doctor who understands your needs from his own extensive traveling experience & a sports medicine focus
Dr. Andrew A. Badulak leads Main Line Spine’s personalized travel medicine and wilderness medicine services. He has designed our international travel medicine program by blending his passions for traveling, rock climbing and sports medicine. Dr. Badulak is dedicated to
It is always better to schedule an initial consultation sooner than later. At least 4 weeks or more prior to travel is a good time target for your consultation appointment. Ideally, immunizations should be given at least 10-14 days prior to travel to ensure immunity. However, we can accommodate last minute needs if that is what
Please call (610) 337-3111 to schedule your initial consultation appointment today. Prior to visiting us for your consultation, please also fill out the International Travel Medicine form that you’ll find by clicking ‘Patient Forms‘ above.
On the completion of your initial consultation, we’ll make recommendations for immunizations which you’ll be able to schedule to be provided at your home or office, our King of Prussia location, or the location of your choice.
- Pre-Travel Needs Assessment: Tell us about your upcoming travel plans. We’ll customize a personalized plan based on where you will be going, your current medical conditions and any special needs and preferences that you may have. (We’ll also ask you to fill out an ‘International Travel Medicine form‘ prior to you visiting for your initial consultation to help us serve you better.)
- Recommended Immunizations: We’ll determine your immunization needs, and recommend and administer any necessary immunizations based on your destination(s). You may elect to have us come to you and provide your immunizations at your home or office. Or you may return for your immunizations at Main Line Spine’s King of Prussia location.
- Prescriptions: , It’s wise to be prepared for the unexpected when you are far from home. If you contract a disease, it can be challenging to find the medical attention you may need. We can prescribe appropriate medications to take with you to help avoid, and if necessary, treat a disease until you can return home.
- Healthy travel tips and information: We’ll provide tips and information on which foods and beverages to avoid. We’ll recommend other actions to take to reduce the possibility of infections or other medical problems. We’ll also provide you with a suggested list of additional “medical kit” items you should consider packing for your trip.
- Altitude Sickness: We can help you prepare for, diminish and even avoid the effects of common forms of altitude sickness. We can also help you understand high altitude conditions where you should seek immediate medical attention. There are also medications that can be used to address issues you might experience given your specific medical conditions and physiology.
- Climbing Injuries: We are climbers ourselves and intimately understand the challenges of addressing climbing injuries in the field. We’ll help you prepare for self-sufficiency in austere environments, as well as help you recover from injuries on your return.
- Tropical Disease Prevention: Although immunizations are available for some tropical diseases, vaccines are not available for many others. If your travels will take you to locations at risk, we’ll help you properly prepare. In these cases, we’ll recommend prescriptive prophylactics and strategies to lessen the likelihood that you’ll be infected.